Making Every Birth a Special Delivery
For more than 130 years, The Birth Place at St. Mary-Corwin has been delivering babies and caring for new moms in southern Colorado and Pueblo. Today, The Birth Place unveils its newly renovated spa-like environment with all-new decor and updated private rooms. We invite you to make your journey through pregnancy one you'll never forget.
Expectant mothers will enjoy our new spa-like environment offering private rooms and cozy, homelike birthing suites with Jacuzzi tubs and convertible beds. Plus, every mother will receive a "spa-kit," a complimentary baby swaddle, and a "Simply to Go" meal that feeds four people for the first night at home with her baby.
The caring and compassionate team at The Birth Place supports the highly trained, experienced obstetricians in our community to care for you and your new family addition, from the moment you know you're expecting to the day you take home your new bundle of joy.
Our certified, Level IIB Nursery provides new moms in southern Colorado with compassionate, skilled and experienced care for well babies, as well as special needs infants. Because our focus is on the health of expectant moms and their babies, a special delivery room is equipped for cesarean section.
In addition, some of the features of St. Mary-Corwin’s Birth Place include:
- Onsite Maternal Fetal Medicine and High Risk OB clinics to connect high risk pregnancies with a higher level of care.
- Wireless fetal monitors so mom is free to move around.
- Neonatal nurse practitioners on site.
- Certified lactation consultants.
- Comfortable, private post-partum rooms with private showers, phones and televisions
- Educational classes for mom-to-be and her family, with classes ranging from labor and delivery to breast-feeding and infant care
For more information on your journey through pregnancy and to become a fan of your and your baby's health, please call 719-557-5544.